Thursday, February 25, 2010

Posts, Projects, & such...

So I have been making most of my posts lately with a picture of my completed project and a few words here and there. Not acceptable I suppose. So I should elaborate on the importance of this class.

Adding Graphic Design as a second major is the best thing I have done for my education so far. I has added sanity to my busy schedule, and added somewhat of a breather for my mind. Aside from my graphic design classes, I focus on my Political Science major. I have American History and American Government this semester, and then these two art classes, Art 218 and Art 216. I also have public speaking which is an in-between-er.
I feel like I have a happy balance of left side/ right side brain activities. I like to have everything centered, so when taking more classes of one career than the other tends to throw me off a bit!

I love reading, I love writing. I love Graphic Design and the media. Such a smorgasboard of interests occupies my time, so I must make space for them all. Crazy? I suppose.

All this to say I am really enjoying Professor Speyer's classes so far. I talk about how relaxing they are but know that that is not true all of the time! There are stressful times when I am working on projects for different areas (class, clubs, church, etc) and the times when I am dead stuck on ideas and cannot get my creative juices flowing for anything! (perfect example: Mr Sparkle logo)

But of course there are days when I feel satisfied with my work (example: see last post)

AND, writing this blog is an ongoing assignment. Thus, as I will undoubtedly be spending my weekend with my new nephew, I will not have time to write the 5 more entries I need to have by monday.

So if it doesn't bore too much, I will be writing a few more today, and try to change things up a bit.

Until the next post in 10 minutes, au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter